Wednesday 12 March 2014

Skin Care for Extreme Dry Skin


I have recently found the best products for dry skin. I have extremely dry skin, actually I have eczema. So every year in October my skin starts acting really funny. My dermatologist told me if I lived in Florida I wouldn't have any skin problems. But I don't, I live in Chicago where the weather is brutal on my skin 6 months out of the year. If you go to a dermatologist for any dry skin issue they will give you a cortisone based cream. It may clear up the problem, but it also thins out your skin. My normal remedies were not working this year, which sent me on a search for something better. Here is what I found.

For my body I started using First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. This stuff is like a miracle! I had red dry flaky patches up and down both arms and across my chest and shoulders. I would wake up at night to scratch my arms and legs because they were so dry and irritated. After the first application I noticed an improvement in my skin, the itchiness was gone immediately. I applied it morning and night, within 1 week my skin looked awesome. It's very rich and moisturizing, but not heavy or greasy. It soaks right in and doesn't leave any white residue on your clothing. MUST HAVE for winter dryness!

For my face, the only thing I changed is in my nightly routine. After I cleanse my skin I apply Fresh Seaberry Face Oil. Several drops on my face and I softly massage it in, I even will apply it under my eyes. This oil is so moisturizing and feels so amazing on my skin. The smell of it makes me feel like I'm in a spa set in the middle of a flower garden. It does not leave any greasy residue on my pillow case and it does not break me out. I have been using this every night for 3 weeks and my skin has never looked so awesome. My skin is glowy and even toned and baby soft. You will definitely have to wash your face in the morning. You can not apply make-up over top of this and wear it all day. The results are amazing! Another MUST HAVE!

Here are my 2 must haves for winter dryness. The winter weather can be very harsh on skin, so take extra good care of your skin! Keep yourself looking young forever!


By Rachel Barkules 

No comments:

Post a Comment